Final Pronouncement: Revisions to the Definitions of Listed Entity and Public Interest Entity in the Code
Apr 11, 2022 | Handbooks, Standards, and Pronouncements
All available Translations: Japanese
In Progress Translations: Arabic | Polish
The revised provisions include an expanded definition of “public interest entity” (PIE) in the Code by specifying a broader list of PIE categories, including a new category “publicly traded entity” to replace the category “listed entity.” The revised provisions also recognize the essential role local bodies responsible for the adoption of the Code play in delineating the specific entities that should be scoped in as PIEs in their jurisdictions, encouraging them to properly refine the PIE categories in the expanded definition and adding any other categories relevant to their environments. Further, the revisions introduce a transparency requirement for firms to publicly disclose the application of independence requirements for PIEs where they have done so.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- Presentation on the Final Pronouncement Revisions to the Definitions of Listed Entity and PIE in the Code
- Strengthening International Independence Standards Landing Page
- 2021 Handbook of the International Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants
- IESBA Strategy and Work Plan 2019-2023
- Final Pronouncement: Revisions to the Definitions of Listed Entity and Public Interest Entity in the Code
- Final Pronouncement: Revisions to the Non-Assurance Service Provisions of the Code
- Final Pronouncement: Revisions to the Fee-related Provisions of the Code
- Final Pronouncement: Objectivity of Engagement Quality Reviewer and Other Appropriate Reviewers
- 2022 Handbook of the International Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.