IFAC FOCUS AREAS
- Accountability. Now.
- Adoption of International Standards
- Developing the Global Profession
- Global Representation and Advocacy
- Professional Accountants in Business
- Small and Medium Practices
Independent Standard-Setting Boards
The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board sets high-quality international standards for auditing, assurance, and quality control that strengthen public confidence in the global profession.
The International Accounting Education Standards Board establishes standards, in the area of professional accounting education, that prescribe technical competence and professional skills, values, ethics, and attitudes.
The International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants sets high-quality, internationally appropriate ethics standards for professional accountants, including auditor independence requirements.
The International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board develops standards, guidance, and resources for use by public sector entities around the world for preparation of general purpose financial statements.
The International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants® (IESBA®) is an independent standard-setting body that serves the public interest by setting robust, internationally appropriate ethics standards, including auditor independence requirements, for professional accountants worldwide. These are compiled in the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants™.
One year on, the agenda for our 2nd annual joint session builds on the promise of the first—enhanced IESBA and IAASB connectivity and coordination to better serve the public interest. We’ll also welcome Incoming CEO of IFAC, Kevin Dancey, as a guest speaker.
IESBA thanks all its stakeholders who repsonded to its Proposed Strategy and Work Plan, 2019-2023. We're consdering the great feedback at our next Board meeting in September.
Leveraging the completely rewritten and significantly strengthened International Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants (including International Independence Standards), the proposed Strategy and Work Plan projects the IESBA’s vision for the Code in the global economy. The IESBA’s future priorities and actions will be guided by three strategic themes:
- Advancing the Code’s relevance by keeping it fit-for-purpose for a rapidly changing world, and further strengthening ethical conduct and independence standards;
- Deepening and expanding the Code’s impact and influence through increased global adoption and implementation; and
- Enriching the IESBA’s perspectives and capacities through proactive stakeholder dialogue and co-operation.