IESBA Strategy and Work Plan 2019-2023
Elevating Ethics in a Dynamic and Uncertain World
Apr 09, 2019 | Annual Reports and Plans
The International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA) presents the board’s strategy and priorities toward the setting of high-quality, future-ready ethics standards for professional accountants that are widely adopted around the world. Building on the newly revised and restructured International Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants (including International Independence Standards) (the Code), which will come into effect in June 2019, the IESBA’s Strategy features three inter-related strategic themes:
- Advancing the relevance and impact of the Code, through maintaining a global Code fit for purpose in the evolving environment, and further raising the bar on ethics;
- Deepening and expanding the Code’s influence, through increasing global adoption and effective implementation of the Code; and
- Expanding the IESBA’s perspectives and inputs, through proactively engaging and seeking cooperative avenues with stakeholders.
The staff-prepared Basis for Conclusions document relates to, but does not form part of, the Strategy and Work Plan.
Copyright © 2023 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
- Revised and Restructured Code of Ethics
- 2018 Handbook of the International Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants
- Two IESBA Global Ethics Webinars to Support Revised and Restructured Code of Ethics
- IESBA eNews: February 2019
- 2022 Handbook of the International Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.
Get the latest updates delivered to your inbox
Translations & Permissions
Looking to reproduce the standards for your members? Want to include IFAC's publications in your training materials or university course? Learn how we can help.