IESBA eNews: Septermber 2018
Sep 12, 2018 | New York, New York | English
The IESBA has been busy this year! Thanks to all who provided feedback on our Strategy and Work Plan, which we’ll be discussing at our meeting in New York next week, September 17-20, 2018 – check out our agenda and working papers.
Earlier this week, the IESBA Consultative Advisory Group (CAG) met in New York and provided input on our meeting materials, including project proposals for fees, professional skepticism and non-assurance services.
Register to attend the IESBA meeting! We’ll be seeing the prototype for our eCode and consider the IESBA’s priorities for the next 5 years.
- Tick-tock! New Code Webpage Includes Countdown to Effective Date!
- Thanks Stakeholders! We’re Reviewing the Feedback From our 2018 Global Roundtables
- The 2018 Edition of the IESBA Handbook has Arrived!
- IAASB & IESBA 2nd Joint Session: Transparent Coordination in Support of the Public Interest
- Upcoming IESBA Meeting Dates
- Want to know more?
1. Tick-tock! New Code Webpage Includes Countdown to Effective Date!
The effective date for the International Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants (including International Independence Standards) (the Code) is less than a year away. Check out our dedicated webpage for the latest resources and tools to support its adoption and implementation, including, Bases for Conclusions, PowerPoint Slides, and videos describing the Code’s key aspects.
2. Thanks Stakeholders! We’re Reviewing the Feedback From our 2018 Global Roundtables
The topics of non-assurance services and professional skepticism were on the table in four well-attended global roundtables held in Washington DC, USA (June 11); Paris, France (June 15); Tokyo, Japan (July 12); and Melbourne, Australia (July 16). More than 150 senior representatives of our stakeholders provided great feedback, which helped inform the development of project proposals on those topics.
3. The 2018 Edition of the IESBA Handbook has Arrived!
We’re excited! Download the PDF or order your print copies of the 2018 edition of the IESBA handbook, which contains the entire revised and restructured Code, including the revised inducement provisions that were released in July 2018.
4. IAASB & IESBA 2nd Joint Session: Transparent Coordination in Support of the Public Interest
One year on, the agenda for our 2nd annual joint session builds on the promise of the first—enhanced IESBA and IAASB connectivity and coordination that better serves the public interest. Incoming CEO of IFAC, Kevin Dancey, will be our guest speaker.
5. Upcoming IESBA Meeting Dates
- December 3-5, 2018: IFAC Offices, New York
- March 11 - 13, 2019: IFAC Offices, New York
- June 17 - 20, 2019: TBC
- September 16 - 19, 2019: AICPA Offices, New York
- December 3 - 6, 2019: IFAC Offices, New York
6. Want to know more?
Read the minutes and working papers for all our IESBA meetings. They’re a great information source about project progress and how we support and protect the public interest.
The IESBA’s multi-stakeholder Consultative Advisory Group (CAG) meets a week before the board to provide strategic input on our meeting agenda materials, as well as our projects and initiatives more broadly. You can also read all the CAG’s minutes and working papers.