IESBA Technology Experts Group Members Appointed
Mar 16, 2022 | New York, NY | English
The Technology Working Group of the International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA) is pleased to announce the members of the recently established IESBA Technology Experts Group (TEG).
Experienced in using and implementing technology, TEG members will act as a “sounding board” to the IESBA’s Technology Working Group, providing advice and other input to help inform the Working Group’s fact-finding work and deliverables.
The TEG will be chaired by IESBA Member and Chair of the Technology Working Group, Mr. Brian Friedrich. TEG members are:
- Jason Bradley, Financial Reporting Council, United Kingdom
- Mary Breslin, Verracy, North America
- Danielle Cheek, MindBridge AI, North America
- Muhammad Fahad Riaz, Maglytic, Middle East
- Clinton Firth, Ernst & Young, Middle East and North Africa
- William Gee, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Mainland China and Hong Kong
- Loreal Jiles, Institute of Management Accountants, North America
- Mario Malouin, Innovators Alliance, North America
The TEG is expected to hold its first meeting before the IESBA’s June 2022 Board Meeting. The TEG will receive technical staff support from Jon Reid, Senior Technical Manager at the Australian Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards Board (APESB), a member of the IESBA-National Standard Setters liaison group.
About the IESBA’s Technology Initiatives
The IESBA is progressing multiple technology workstreams in a coordinated manner. This includes:
- The development of technology-related revisions to the Code so that it remains relevant and fit for purpose as technology advances (the Technology project). On February 18, 2022, the IESBA released its Exposure Draft: Proposed Technology-related Revisions to the Code with a comment period until June 20, 2022.
- Fact finding to identify and assess the potential impact of technology on the behavior of professional accountants and the applicability of the Code in relation to ethics and independence.
- The development of technology-related thought leadership and other materials in relation to ethics and independence for professional accountants and the wider stakeholder community.
Additional information about the IESBA’s technology workstreams is available on the IESBA’s website.