Watch and Learn! IESBA Webinar Highlighting Key Proposed Revisions to the Fee-Related Provisions of the Code
Mar 24, 2020 | Videos
Watch the March 19, 2020 IESBA webinar highlighting key aspects of the Board’s January 2020 Exposure Draft: Proposed Revisions to the Fee-Related Provisions of the Code.
The presenter, IESBA Member and Fees Task Force Chair, Ian McPhee explained that the proposed revisions to the Code’s fee-related provisions are intended to strengthen auditor independence, especially for audits of public interest entities (PIEs). He then provided an overview of the proposed revisions, including:
- A prohibition on firms allowing the audit fee to be influenced by the provision of services other than audit to the audit client.
- Enhanced guidance for identifying, evaluating and addressing threats to independence in relation to other fee-related matters, including the proportion of fees for services other than audit to the audit fee.
- In the case of audit clients that are PIEs:
- A requirement to cease to act as auditor if fee dependency on the audit client continues beyond a specified period.
- A requirement to communicate fee-related information to TCWG, and to the public to assist their judgments about auditor independence.
Comments on the Fees Exposure Draft are due by May 4, 2020.
Copyright © 2022 The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC). All rights reserved.
You must be signed in to the IFAC website in order to submit a comment. If you do not have an account, please register below. IFAC respects your privacy and will not send you unsolicited email or spam. You can subscribe to IFAC publications, change your subscription preferences, or manage your user profile at any time.