IESBA Announces New Board Member Appointments for 2022
Nov 18, 2021 | New York, NY | English
The International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA) is pleased to announce new board appointments and reappointments to take effect on January 1, 2022.
The five new Board Members are:
- Mark Babington (Executive Director, Regulatory Standards, Financial Reporting Council, UK)
- Christelle Martin (Former Group Director, ENGIE Group, France)
- Felicien Muvunyi (Managing Partner, Garnet Partners, Rwanda)
- Luigi Nisoli (Partner, Deloitte, Italy)
- Channa Wijesinghe (Chief Executive Officer, Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards Board, Australia)
The following two current Board Members will continue their service for another term:
- Sanjiv Chaudhary (Senior Advisor - Policy & Regulations, KPMG, India)
- Andrew Mintzer (Principle, Hemming Morse, USA)
"I warmly welcome such a strong group of diverse and experienced professionals to the IESBA,” said Stavros Thomadakis, IESBA Chairman. “These are critical times for the profession as the global economy emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic and faces new challenges of sustainability. I am confident these individuals, along with the existing Board members, will serve the public interest with conviction in advancing high-quality ethics standards for the global accountancy profession.”
The IESBA also announces the reappointment of Caroline Lee as its deputy chair for 2022.
“I am very pleased that Caroline will continue serving as IESBA deputy chair in 2022," said Dr. Thomadakis. “As my term expires, I am confident that she will provide a steady voice as the Board transitions to welcoming our new chairwoman, Ms. Gabriela Figueiredo Dias, and that she will continue to serve as a strong advocate for IESBA across the globe.”