IESBA eNews: November 2015
Nov 04, 2015 | English
- Revamped Ethics Standards in 2017
- We are IESBA
- IESBA: September Meeting Highlights
- Non-Compliance with Laws & Regulations Update
- 2015 Code of Ethics Handbook
- IESBA 2014 Annual Report
- IESBA Outreach
- 2017 Call for Nominations
- IESBA is Hiring. Apply Today!
- Upcoming Dates
1. Revamped Ethics Standards in 2017
IESBA Chairman Stavros Thomadakis and Deputy Chair Wui San Kwok are interviewed by Singapore’s Business Times.
2. We are IESBA
3. IESBA: September Meeting Highlights
The most recent IESBA meeting was held in September in New York. Meeting highlights include updates on the Structure of the Code, Safeguards, and Part C of the Code projects.
4. Non-Compliance with Laws & Regulations Update
The comment period for the Exposure Draft, Responding to Non-Compliance with Laws & Regulations, closed on September 4, 2015. Seventy-six comment letters were received. The board will discuss significant comments and related Task Force proposals at its December meeting.
5. 2015 Code of Ethics Handbook
The 2015 edition of the Handbook of the Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants is available. Register or log in for access to the web-based IESBA Handbook for personal use or to purchase print copies.
6. IESBA 2014 Annual Report
Following the global financial crisis, the IESBA worked to enhance responsiveness to emerging issues amidst heightened scrutiny on ethics, while delivering on its existing strategic commitments.
7. IESBA Outreach
The IESBA has continued to pursue an active outreach agenda in 2015 pursuant to its strategic commitment to engage with its broad range of stakeholders, including a semi-annual meeting with the IESBA Consultative Advisory Group to exchange views on current projects, and emerging issues.
8. 2017 Call for Nominations
The Call for Nominations for the Independent Standard-Setting Boards in 2017 sets out upcoming opportunities for membership on the IESBA. Along with the IFAC-published Developing a Nominations Strategy, it offers guidance in identifying the most qualified candidate for available positions.
9. IESBA is Hiring. Apply Today!
The IESBA is recruiting at the Deputy Director and Senior Technical Manager levels for its staff team based in New York. Visit Working at IFAC for full job descriptions andrequired skills and experience for these roles.
10. Upcoming Dates
- November 30-December 4, 2015: IESBA Meeting, New York.
- March 7, 2016: IESBA CAG Meeting, Paris, France.